Friday 10 August 2012

You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great



You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
I love this statement. For me the starting point was taking my head out of the sand, removing the rose coloured glasses and admitting I was unhappy in so many parts of my life. From there every step I take is going forward. The first step is always the hardest, the most painful because you have to be honest with yourself. I understand that this journey will be a mix of positive and some not so positive steps, but the goal is never out of reach. Words such as Never, Cant, Won’t I have wiped from my vocabulary (said my last can’t today to Personal trainer- ouch ouch my legs lol); I see these as part of a roadblock toward my “Great”.  My “Great” is someone that can smile, relax and be confident around people, She is healthy and happy and fit. She is all the things I use to be and will get back to. Who is you “Great”??
To whose that know me and whose who will get to know me; I am somewhat ‘slightly’ Stubborn lol I would like to think that I use this to my advantage but sometimes I think it fuels my excuses and ‘head in the sand’ Syndrome. My mother says that once I’ve made a decision I stick with it, even if it’s the wrong one (in her opinion). So I’ve made my choice and I’ve made my commitment as part of 12WBT pre Season.
I am committed to following this thru to the end, whatever the time frame. I will throw all I have into succeeding. I will lose the weight, I will get on the scales and see my goal weight and I will battle whatever negatives come my way with a smile and determination. I commit to taking responsibility for the choices I make and they will be the right ones this time lol. And I am committed to all the sweat, tears and pain it will take to get there.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you Casey. I have been there the same as you and have found this current round of the 12WBT a real eye opener. Good luck and I look forward to following your journey.

    I now believe that we "Control our own destiny" more than I perhaps ever did and it comes down to our choices and the ability to accept them good or bad. Once we own them we can learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Greg,
      thank you again for your comments- i always agree with your thoughts. i think our destiny is only every blocked by OURSELFS no one else even as much as we might want to place the blame on someone else.
      How have youdone with the completion of round 2? both you and your wife have looked ot have fantastic results and journies

      Delete
  2. Yahoooooooooo! What a great post Casey, your commitment will stand you in good stead to see this through to the end.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol,

      I hope so :) Round 3 is only days away and im more excited abvout this program than when i signed up- Bring it on!!!

      Delete