Sunday 9 September 2012

Avoiding the "Wall"




So Week two comes to a close and I have 10 weeks left in my first 12WBT journey.

I’m riding the wave of motivation that is 12WBT and I’m still waiting to hit the wall that could be excuses, red letter days, sickness or the like. I have been lucky in that my first few weeks have been clear of Red letter and external influences too. So I’ve tried to get my routines and organisation down pat before these come along. I am not imperturbable but I want to give myself the best chance to succeed or be able to bounce back and not fall into that dark black hole.

To any one that is feeling this way- please believe me you are NOT alone- We all feel the same and we all have weak moments, bad habits or choices. Use what you have at hand to succeed- that might be friends, family or the forum family J It could be an inspiration video or a quote/poem that reminds you of everything you are waiting/WILL achieve. Whatever gets you back into a positive frame of mind. Lol I know the “journey’ word is used a lot around here but this certainly is a journey- Our progress won’t be straight- it will be the wiggly, curvy line that’s goes up and down the hills. Sometimes I might feel like I’m on a bike going downhill- Unstoppable. Other times I’m pushing that bloody 48kgs I want to lose-up the steepest mountain. Gosh this is going to sound cliché lol But always stay Positive and have Hope. And Self-belief. These might not be with you yet- I certainly lack self-belief but it will come. Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.

Plus mistakes do not end your journey- they just give you the skills to compact it next time. I have joined 12WBT to obviously find my thinner, healthier me but also the happier Me. I refuse to let my past beat me into depression or beat myself up for mistakes I do, might or could make. The future is an unknown, but I will welcome each day with a smile and go on from there- however the day may end up.

We have so many tools at our disposal - many thru Michelle’s 12WBT, or family or friends but at the end of the day YOU are the greatest motivator you could find. As one of my favourite quotes says:

“You are powerful beyond measure.  You never know what you are capable of until you push your barriers of comfort, even if it’s just a little bit each day.”

BELIEVE IT

1 comment:

  1. We need a "LIKE" button on blog posts!!! Great post Casey. So true, we are human, there will be roadblocks put in our way and we'll have the best intentions. But I think the "old" us would then throw in the towel and say well this doesn't work. But the new "US" will just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and move on to a new day. You've got a great sense of self Casey, keep it up.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete